Elder San Diego's Address

Explanation on Sending Packages and Letters

If you would like to send a letter:
Elder Eric San Diego
Apartado Postal 118-184
Gustavo A. Madero
Mexico, D.F. C.P 07051

If you want to send a package:

You write this exactly, including Elder Jose Luis Escobar Maya (They don't like more than one name coming to the same PO Box when dealing with packages).

Elder Jose Luis Escobar Maya
Apartado Postal 118-184
Gustavo A. Madero
Mexico, D.F. C.P 07051

To make sure Elder San Diego gets the package just make sure his last name is in the return address (or next to the return address).

September 3, 2011

I Know That My Redeemer Lives!

Hola everyone!

What a fantastic week it has been! I have learned so much and have been so inspired and touched by the Spirit in all that I did.

Friday was a great day full of enlightening thoughts and tender feelings. Here is my journal entry from Friday:

Wow! I learned so much today! I love this gospel so much. And the best thing is it is so simple! We were not sent to Earth to start on the straight and narrow path, but instead, to finish on it. We have already been faithful leading up to this life and now we just have to prove ourselves to be worthy of eternal life. Our purpose for coming to Earth is to obtain a body, make covenants in it, keep our covenants, and return to our Father in Heaven. We must follow Jesus and His doctrine which is faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring until the end. What a marvelous plan we have, given us by our Heavenly Father! I know this gospel and doctrine to be true with all my heart. It is the greatest truth I know and I know it is the way we need to follow to receive eternal life with our Father in Heaven.
So many great things happening!

On Saturday, my companions and I taught some more and are really coming together in working as a three-some. The Spirit is so amazing and powerful when you bear sincere testimony of what you know to be true.

Sunday was a very peaceful day all throughout. There was just a certain calm about the campus that was very refreshing. The talks and testimonies in church and also in our MTC fireside were fabulous and very powerful. My favorite part of the day came at night when it was film time. My companions and I decided to watch one of the Joseph Smith movies and it was a great choice. Every time I watch those movies I can't help but choke up because I know of the truth they are portraying. Joseph Smith was indeed a prophet of God and it was through the power of God that Joseph Smith obtained the gold plates and translated it into what is now The Book of Mormon. He suffered hardships so that the world may benefit from knowing the truth and come back unto the God that gave them life.

On Monday we found out that our teacher, Hermano Arnold, got switched to a new district because of his school schedule so now my district has two new teachers. (including all the substitutes we have had, we are now up to 11 teachers!) Their names are Hermano Clayton and Hermano Ackerson. Both great guys and pretty good teachers so I think the last 5 weeks here will still be pretty good.

Wow! Tuesday! Such an amazing day. The highlight of the day came at the very end when we had our weekly Tuesday Devotional. Guess who came? Elder Jeffrey R. Holland! He is such an amazing servant of our Lord. I will be sending a copy of my notes back home soon so you can know what he talked about a little. But oh my goodness the Spirit was strong. It was even more overwhelming during my district devotional review and testimony meeting after the devotional. All the words spoken and all the testimonies given were so powerful and penetrated and touched my soul so deeply. I love this gospel with all my heart. I love my Father in Heaven. He loves me and loves you too. I know that my Redeemer lives. What comfort this sweet sentence gives. I love Him with all my might and I know all these are true.

Wednesday was alright, lots and lots of class and study but it was all good and well worth it. I feel the language coming more naturally to me now but I still have a long way to go! Keep praying for me!

Today was another restful preparation day so not too much to report on. I had the chance to again attend the temple and this time my companions and I decided to perform sealings. Great experiences! Later today we are going to the doctor again for Elder Dennis' return check up. Other than that, it has just been a good week and day and it will only get better!

Ten fe y se obediente!   <--- Familiar "you" usage!

Todo mi amor,
Elder San Diego

The Trio - Me, Elder Dennis & Elder Ridd
Another beautiful day at the Temple
Elder Liberna - my Peruvian roomate

No comments:

Post a Comment