Elder San Diego's Address

Explanation on Sending Packages and Letters

If you would like to send a letter:
Elder Eric San Diego
Apartado Postal 118-184
Gustavo A. Madero
Mexico, D.F. C.P 07051

If you want to send a package:

You write this exactly, including Elder Jose Luis Escobar Maya (They don't like more than one name coming to the same PO Box when dealing with packages).

Elder Jose Luis Escobar Maya
Apartado Postal 118-184
Gustavo A. Madero
Mexico, D.F. C.P 07051

To make sure Elder San Diego gets the package just make sure his last name is in the return address (or next to the return address).

September 25, 2011

The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ

Hola everyone!

Not a whole lot to report this week since one of our teachers was out of town, but here it goes!

Friday was alright. One of our teachers, Hermano Ackerson, was out of town this weekend because his sister was getting married. So, we enjoyed the presence of our 14th substitute! Yeah. Her name was Hermana Lucero and she was very helpful! She is from Mexico originally and does not speak too much English, as she is learning the language, but it was fun learning from her and listening to her talk. It's pretty amazing how far I have come in my language skills these past 7 weeks. I feel that when I speak to native speakers, I understand fully about 98% of what they are saying! Wow! Power of the gift of tongues right there for you. As far as speaking goes, I am still improving! I know all my grammar concepts and can communicate pretty well, but I need to study some more vocabulary so I won't have to keep talking my way around things like I do now. But! I know that as I keep working hard at the language, great blessings will come and I will be able to communicate as well as I want to!

Saturday! Today was really good. We taught at the TRC (teaching resource center; a place here where volunteers come to be taught to give us practice) and taught a man about how the gospel of Jesus Christ blesses our lives and how it has changed his life. The Spirit was really strong and the member we were talking to had some amazing experiences with the Spirit and knowing for himself that the gospel was true. Elder Ridd and I taught Ernesto again today and to our astonishment he told us that he knows it is important to be baptized and that he wants to. We told him that we would love to help him get to that point of baptism but that there were certain requirements needing to be met before being baptized (receiving all the lessons, living the laws of the gospel, interviews, etc.). So, I know we have a really good path with him and we will continue to help grow his faith in Jesus Christ!

Sunday was another good day. The sacrament is such a blessing and it is that sacred time during the week where we can truly reflect on the Savior and partake of the emblems of His sacrifice. We had our weekly Sunday Fireside and got to hear from a district president here at the MTC, Brother Wilkins. He gave a fantastic fireside that lifted me up and gave me some more confidence to press forward with faith.

Monday was good, lots of class time, planning and goal setting so it was a very productive day!

Tuesday, again, was an amazing day. So, this week we each received the special copy of the Ensign magazine for the month of October. I highly recommend that you find one and read it. It is fantastic! It is all about the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ and it's changing power in the lives of everyone. So, guess who we had the opportunity to hear from this week in the devotional? Elder Russell M. Nelson! Wow! I was told it is rare to hear from a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles every couple months but we have had three members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles come and speak to us all in the last month! What a tremendous blessing! He talked about the Book of Mormon and how it truly does testify of Christ and gave his testimony of all the truths that we learn in it. I, alongside with Elder Nelson, bear testimony that the Book of Mormon is true. It bears testimony of Christ. It is another set of holy scripture that is a companion to the Bible. It is the word of God. It contains the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know it is evidence to us in these last days that God does love us. I know it is true and know that whoever reads it with an open heart and mind, with true intent to know the truth of the things of God our Father, that they will receive the confirmation from the Holy Spirit that it is indeed true.

On Wednesday I got to be a host missionary for the new missionaries who came in! Fun stuff. After helping the new Elders, I returned to class and had some more good instruction from Hermana Lucero.

Today was another good preparation day. It was great to go to the temple again and take a small break from learning for a few hours.

Well, my time is up and I have to get back to the work!

I know the Gospel is true! I love you all!

Ten fe y se obediente!

Todo mi amor,
Elder San Diego

Elder McLean - a member of my BYU ward and one I home taught!
Provo Temple
New favorite pasttime - "PHOTOBOMBING"

No comments:

Post a Comment