Elder San Diego's Address

Explanation on Sending Packages and Letters

If you would like to send a letter:
Elder Eric San Diego
Apartado Postal 118-184
Gustavo A. Madero
Mexico, D.F. C.P 07051

If you want to send a package:

You write this exactly, including Elder Jose Luis Escobar Maya (They don't like more than one name coming to the same PO Box when dealing with packages).

Elder Jose Luis Escobar Maya
Apartado Postal 118-184
Gustavo A. Madero
Mexico, D.F. C.P 07051

To make sure Elder San Diego gets the package just make sure his last name is in the return address (or next to the return address).

September 29, 2011

Adios, Estados Unidos--Hello Mexico!

Hola!

Guess what?! This is the last e-mail I will send in the United States for the next 22 months! Crazy! The MTC has been so great but I am so excited to finally get out to the mission field!

But! This past week has been great. Friday was a good day. Elder Ridd and I taught some good lessons today to Beny and Ernesto who both are doing great. The Spirit is such a blessing! I can feel it everytime I teach and I know that the Spirit is the true converter of people's hearts.

On Saturday Elder Ridd and I taught a great lesson in the TRC about the gift of the Spirit and the blessings it brings in our lives and how we can receive answers through the Spirit. 1 Nephi 15:11 is an amazing verse all about the Spirit and what we do before we receive answers from the Spirit. Go search it! It's so great!

Sunday was Fast Sunday so we had Mission Conference again. I love the amazing spiritual boost that Sunday always brings. Here are some points from the mission conference!
  • Matthew 28:19-20
  • Missionaries must have faith, be worthy, and have the spirit
  • Don't accept anything less than being your best
Those are just a few points, but it was just an amazing conference! It just makes me so much more excited for General Conference this weekend! Yeah!

On Monday Elder Ridd and I taught Ernesto for the last time before we leave. Even though it was our teacher acting as one of his investigators from his mission, I still felt so connected to him and it hurt to tell him we were getting transferred and that other missionaries would come after us and keep teaching him. I just can't wait to get out to the field and teach others what I know and just love them and help them in their lives!

On Tuesday we taught Beny for the last time also. He is also preparing for baptism soon and he is doing very well with his goal to quit smoking! I am so proud of him and his huge efforts he is making to follow Christ in his life. Later that night, we had our Tuesday Devotional! Elder Don R. Clarke from the Seventy came and spoke to us and it was great! Here are a few of his points:
  • Don't go through the mission, let the mission go through you.
  • There is no time for discouragement AND faith. You need to choose which one you will have.
  • Missionaries must: follow the Spirit, search the scriptures, keep the commandments and be obedient, and apply what you learn
  • Your mission will change you for eternity
I loved Elder Clarke's talk. It was truly inspired and the Spirit was very strong. One of my favorite parts of his talk was the end when he recited this poem:

'Twas battered and scarred, and the auctioneer
Thought it scarcely worth his while
To waste much time on the old violin,
But held it up with a smile:
"What am I bidden, good folks," he cried,
"Who'll start the bidding for me?"
"A dollar, a dollar"; then, "Two!" "Only two?
Two dollars, and who'll make it three?
Three dollars, once; three dollars, twice;
Going for three--" But no,
From the room, far back, a gray-haired man
Came forward and picked up the bow;
Then, wiping the dust from the old violin,
And tightening the loose strings,
He played a melody pure and sweet
As a caroling angel sings.
The music ceased, and the auctioneer,
With a voice that was quiet and low,
Said, "What am I bid for the old violin?"
And he held it up with the bow.
"A thousand dollars, and who'll make it two?
Two thousand! And who'll make it three?
Three thousand, once, three thousand, twice,
And going, and gone!" said he.
The people cheered, but some of them cried,
"We do not quite understand
What changed its worth." Swift came the reply:
"The touch of a master's hand."
And many a man with life out of tune,
And battered and scarred with sin,
Is auctioned cheap to the thoughtless crowd,
Much like the old violin.
A "mess of pottage," a glass of wine,
A game—and he travels on.
He's "going" once, and "going" twice,
He's "going" and almost "gone."
But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that's wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Wow. So great. And that's what I get to do for the next two years! Help people obtain the touch of the Master's hand in their life.

Wednesday was great! I had the chance to be a host elder again which means I helped new elders get all settled in and ready to start their MTC experience! I also got called down to the Travel Office and was told my visa came in! So, today (Thursday) I get to go down to the consulate and sign my visa! Holla!

Today is preparation day once again so I have the day to prepare and start packing, attend the temple, and sign my visa!

Great stuff is happening here! I love the Lord with all my heart and I love the gospel with all my soul. I know this church is true and that the Book of Mormon is a true record and testament of Jesus Christ!

I love you all and pray for you!

Ten fe y se obediente!

Todo mi amor,
Elder San Diego

Elder May & I being "BAUSS"
THE DISTRICT! - looking sharp Elders!
Elder Williams - a fellow BYU 185ther

No comments:

Post a Comment