Elder San Diego's Address

Explanation on Sending Packages and Letters

If you would like to send a letter:
Elder Eric San Diego
Apartado Postal 118-184
Gustavo A. Madero
Mexico, D.F. C.P 07051

If you want to send a package:

You write this exactly, including Elder Jose Luis Escobar Maya (They don't like more than one name coming to the same PO Box when dealing with packages).

Elder Jose Luis Escobar Maya
Apartado Postal 118-184
Gustavo A. Madero
Mexico, D.F. C.P 07051

To make sure Elder San Diego gets the package just make sure his last name is in the return address (or next to the return address).

May 6, 2013

The Pure Love Of Christ

Hey folks!

We had a great week and many spiritual experiences. One of them in particular has been my favorite this past week and maybe even one of the greatest I have had in my whole mission. 

In our ward, we are teaching the parents of one member named Cinthia. We shared a message last week with her and asked her if she knew anyone who she wanted to receive the Gospel. She couldn't think of anyone and referred us to a friend of hers who has been inactive for a while so after we wrapped up the lesson, we went over to visit her friend whose name is Abigail. We found her at home and shared a brief message with her about trials and how through the Lord Jesus Christ we can receive strength to endure our trials. While we talked she started to cry and said that she was thinking a lot recently about the need for her to go back to church and that when we got there it was an answer from God. We passed by the next day and found her sister, Judith, who was not a member. As we got talking with Judith, she said that she wasn't even sure she believed that there was a God. She listened a little more and agreed to go to church last week with us. We went back on Tuesday to visit her and planned to teach about the Plan of Salvation. As we taught, doubt entered my mind and I started to think negatively and think that she wouldn't accept or feel anything. I was in those thoughts when I remembered what we had taught the zone these past few weeks. Since she was 21 I imagined the friends I have back home and the love I had for them and then I turned that love towards her, picturing her as one of my best friends. I felt deep love in Christ sink into my heart and I started to feel the spirit testify strongly as we continued to teach. We asked her how she felt and she related to us that recently she was talking to God through prayer and that she wanted help desperately and that's when we showed up. She said she had done it before and that's when the missionaries passed by for the first time with her sisters. She said she felt it was an answer from God to her and accepted to be baptized. I felt deep appreciation for the Lord as we sat there and a huge humbling feeling come over me as I thought about the greatness of our Lord and God and the chance they gave us and especially me in that moment to be an instrument in His hand. Judith was baptized this past Saturday and since Tuesday we have seen amazing changes in her heart and spirit as she has come to know and accept the truth. 

Lots of amazing things are happening here! I love you all! Have a great week!

¡Ten fe y se obediente!

Todo mi amor,
Elder San Diego

Judith's baptism!

No comments:

Post a Comment