Elder San Diego's Address

Explanation on Sending Packages and Letters

If you would like to send a letter:
Elder Eric San Diego
Apartado Postal 118-184
Gustavo A. Madero
Mexico, D.F. C.P 07051

If you want to send a package:

You write this exactly, including Elder Jose Luis Escobar Maya (They don't like more than one name coming to the same PO Box when dealing with packages).

Elder Jose Luis Escobar Maya
Apartado Postal 118-184
Gustavo A. Madero
Mexico, D.F. C.P 07051

To make sure Elder San Diego gets the package just make sure his last name is in the return address (or next to the return address).

May 27, 2013

"Come Unto Christ!"

Hey guys!

Elder Avery and I had a good week. We put two baptismal dates this past week with a mom, Maria Elena, and her son, Julio, who Elder Avery had been teaching since the time he got here. They have already been ready to be baptized for a while now just that the mom wasn't married but today her and her husband went and got married and now she is able to be baptized. When we went over to teach them we shared our testimonies and watched Thomas S. Monson's final address from this past conference and a few Mormon Messages. Those simple yet spiritual video clips invited the spirit in a powerful way. We testified of the divinity and truth of this work to them and set the baptismal date for Sunday right before church. They are happy and prepared to receive the fulness of the gospel and all the blessings it brings.

This week one of the most spiritual experiences I had was during the baptismal service of Hermana Gonzalez and Hermana Alvarado. They asked me and my companion to serve as witnesses at the baptism so we went to help them out. When we got there they were finishing up the last touches of the baptismal program when I noticed that there were family members of the girl who was going to be baptized present who were not yet members either. I asked Hermana Alvarado if she or her companion already had a talk prepared for after the baptism in which to use and apply the six steps. She told me that she actually forgot about that and in turn asked me to do it. I accepted and while meditating on what to say, the scripture from Matthew 11 came to mind saying:

        "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

I felt strongly the impression to share with them that scripture along with Alma 7:14-15. As I shared those scriptures and my personal testimony after the ordinance of baptism I felt the strong influence and presence of the spirit and I directed all to give heed to those feelings and testimony they were receiving from the spirit. After the baptismal service was done, I had the chance to talk to those family members and encourage them towards following the gospel and obeying the truth through following the Holy Spirit. Hermana Alvarado was super excited afterward and thanked me. She said that the people who were not yet baptized weren't married and didn't want to be married and thus could not receive the ordinance of baptism. She said that while she was talking to them after the baptism they said they felt many amazing manifestations of the Spirit in them and that they now want to be married in order to be baptized and start to form their own eternal family. I felt humbled by this experience and delighted that my testimony was a help to them to strengthen their resolution to follow the Lord Jesus Christ.

I know that if we come unto Christ, He will give us rest. In the times we live in, there are many problems and challenges that we encounter and face. Sometimes we feel weighed down with the burden of life or stressed or burdened with the sins and mistakes we have made, just wondering if there is a possible way out. I testify today that there indeed is a way out; that there is a solution. I testify that it is in and through our Lord, Jesus the Christ. If you are weighed down with burdens, come and leave your burdens at His feet. If you cannot find rest unto your souls, learn of Him, and He shall give you rest. I know that He has power to heal us. I know that if we follow Him, we will find the peace and blessings we desire for ourselves and our families. I testify of these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

This week should be a good one! Elder Avery was unassigned today as Zone Leader and sent to another area while I received a new companion, Elder Durrant! If you remember the Christmas Primary Program that I helped organize and direct, it was Elder Durrant who helped me and is with me in that picture. Well, we are going to have a great week and I hope you all do too!

¡Ten fe y se obediente!

Todo mi amor,
Elder San Diego

Elder Avery and I at the Mission Home for a Zone Leader meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment