Elder San Diego's Address

Explanation on Sending Packages and Letters

If you would like to send a letter:
Elder Eric San Diego
Apartado Postal 118-184
Gustavo A. Madero
Mexico, D.F. C.P 07051

If you want to send a package:

You write this exactly, including Elder Jose Luis Escobar Maya (They don't like more than one name coming to the same PO Box when dealing with packages).

Elder Jose Luis Escobar Maya
Apartado Postal 118-184
Gustavo A. Madero
Mexico, D.F. C.P 07051

To make sure Elder San Diego gets the package just make sure his last name is in the return address (or next to the return address).

October 25, 2011

"But of You It Is Required to Forgive All Men!"

¡Hola everyone!

What a crazy week it has been here in Mexico!

Ok, so on on Tuesday we met with Jose Manuel and Jonathan. Jose Manuel is doing good and we put a goal date for him to be baptized on the 29th of October. He just needs to come to church now and pray for his response which I know will come if he just asks. Jonathan accepted a baptismal date today for the 29th of October! It is really exciting. He just needs to come to church now.

Wednesday, we taught Jonathan about the commandments and he has committed to live all the commandments and accepted to live the law of chastity, law of tithing, and word of wisdom! He said that he used to be a drug addict but he is on his second year now drug free. He said all he needs to change is that he drink a little bit of cerveza but said it is something he is willing to give up to be baptized and said he would gladly follow through with that. Yeah!

Thursday, we headed down to the mission office for me to sign some papers because there were conflicts with my name. Then, we met with our investigators, returned to our contacts, and knocked some more doors.

On Friday we knocked almost all day and found a really cool family and taught them the first lesson. The mom´s name is Laura and she has two kids, Mariana who is 12 and Benjamin who is 9. Benjamin loves us and likes to listen to the message we have. We know they are really good and that we can baptize them with a little hard work and faith. Funny story: Benjamin loves to listen to me beat-box and he and all his cousins are enthralled with it. Another funny story: Last week Elder Valdovinos and I were walking and I stepped in some wet cement, leaving my footprint. So now, I can really say I left my footprint in this first area of mine!

Saturday was more or less a somewhat disappointing day. We had all our appointments fall so we knocked and contacted a bunch and had a little bit of success. What makes up for it all is knowing I am doing the Lord's work and he is with me through it all!

Sunday was great and crazy at the same time. Andrea came to church and had such a powerful confirmation from the Spirit that this church is true. We talked to her for a little bit and are going to set her for a baptismal date this weekend! Hurray for the Spirit and prayers being answered! In other news, my camera, umbrella, and flashlight got stolen. They were all deep in my bag so I know that the only time someone could have taken my stuff was when I didn´t have my bag in my sight, which was only once during the day when we were helping one of our investigators with something and we were on the roof with him and his mom was downstairs. She does not like us and said our church is just one big lie. Anyway, I know she took my stuff, but she won´t admit it. So, I have just followed through with what Christ taught to love our enemies and it has given me such peace to do that. I just hope I can get it all back!

Today was another good p-day. We went to downtown Mexico City and saw all the cool buildings and later we have some interviews. Busy busy, but so great!

Well, I have to go. I love you all!

Ten fe y se obediente!

Todo mi amor,
Elder San Diego

Me in front of a Catholic Cathedral
The Mexican Flag

No comments:

Post a Comment