Elder San Diego's Address

Explanation on Sending Packages and Letters

If you would like to send a letter:
Elder Eric San Diego
Apartado Postal 118-184
Gustavo A. Madero
Mexico, D.F. C.P 07051

If you want to send a package:

You write this exactly, including Elder Jose Luis Escobar Maya (They don't like more than one name coming to the same PO Box when dealing with packages).

Elder Jose Luis Escobar Maya
Apartado Postal 118-184
Gustavo A. Madero
Mexico, D.F. C.P 07051

To make sure Elder San Diego gets the package just make sure his last name is in the return address (or next to the return address).

August 7, 2011

Hope You're Thirsty!!

Hola everyone!

Boy has it been an intense past few days here in the good ol MTC. My mind feels like it is sometimes going to explode from the amount of information that is coming in! A good analogy is it's like trying to drink out of a fire hydrant. That's a lot. But it has been going very well! My companion is Elder Ridd whom I actually had the opportunity to meet while at BYU. Good guy. He is from Woodlands, Texas. The spirit is so strong here and bears constant witness to me that this is God's true church. Whenever I get a little discouraged in class by the amount I need to learn or by the language, I always remember that God has called me to this work and He will not let me fail, but will be there for me and help me when I need it.

Having said that, the gift of tongues is really starting to show! I am understanding more and I am getting better at communicating my feelings in Spanish. Yeah! I have a motto I created which is "Tenga fe, y sea obidiente" which translates to "Have faith and be obedient." I know that as I keep showing my faith and being obedient, I will be blessed. Yesterday evening, my companion and I met our progressive investigator, Claudio. He is a great guy and believes in some of the same things we do. He is so willing to learn and I am feeling that we will have a great time teaching him.

This is such a big change being here, but it is such a good one. I am so humbled by the opportunity to serve. It is a blessing to put on my black name tag which declares to the world that I am a missionary de La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias.

Yo amo este Evangelio. Este es la verdad. Se Dios es mi Padre Celestial y es su Padre Celestial tambien. El nos ama. Mediante revelacion, Jose Smith tranducio El Libro De Mormon. Yo se que El Libro De Mormon es verdadero y es la palabra de Dios. El Evangelio es muy bien y lo ayudanos. Este es muy dulce. Yo amo el Evangelio con todo mi corazon. En el nombre de Jesucristo. Amen.

[translation]
I love this Gospel. This is the truth. God is my Heavenly Father and your Heavenly Father as well. He loves us. Through revelation, Joseph Smith translated The Book of Mormon. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and is the word of God. The Gospel is very good and helps us. This is very sweet. I love the Gospel with all my heart. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Tenga fe, y sea obediente.

Todo mi amor,
Elder San Diego

Members of the BYU 185th Ward
L to R: Bishop Sybrowsky, Me, Geoff Fernquist, Marrie Palmer, Emma Stephens
YOUR PURPOSE - enough said!
My Companion - Elder Ridd
Now I'm "Official"!

No comments:

Post a Comment