Elder San Diego's Address

Explanation on Sending Packages and Letters

If you would like to send a letter:
Elder Eric San Diego
Apartado Postal 118-184
Gustavo A. Madero
Mexico, D.F. C.P 07051

If you want to send a package:

You write this exactly, including Elder Jose Luis Escobar Maya (They don't like more than one name coming to the same PO Box when dealing with packages).

Elder Jose Luis Escobar Maya
Apartado Postal 118-184
Gustavo A. Madero
Mexico, D.F. C.P 07051

To make sure Elder San Diego gets the package just make sure his last name is in the return address (or next to the return address).

April 22, 2013

Following The Guidance Of Modern-Day Prophets

Hey guys!

We had a very eventful yet uneventful week. We absolutely did WORK this week and I think this is the most tired I have ever been in my mission (also taking into account the fact that we wake up at 5:40am to go get big at the gym). 

But we taught a bunch of solid lessons this week all with the amazing presence of the spirit. We invited everyone we met to be baptized and follow Jesus Christ but the main theme we found in common with all of our investigators was that they feel they aren't prepared and that they won't be prepared until after a long time and knowing everything (totally not true, that's why we're given faith). But, we have good investigators that are progressing and taking everything we give them. 

One cool experience I had was that I got to talk in church on Sunday about the importance of listening to the General Conferences of the Church and following the guidance of modern-day prophets. One of our investigators named Jorge who we haven't taught about prophets yet was at church so I specifically made it a point to direct my thoughts and words toward him and his needs. After church we talked a bit and set up an appointment and he said he was really interested in learning more about modern-day prophets and receiving more knowledge from us. Cool! But yeah, well I gotta go but we are doing swell as I hope all of you are! 

Take care and love you!

¡Ten fe y se obediente!

Todo mi amor,
Elder San Diego

I thought this was hilarious.  Since I arrived in Mexico, I made the correct judgement that Coke is the replacement for water here.  But never had I beheld such a scene as this one!  A fridge full of Coke for all the Coke-loving Mexicans and the one bottle of water for the dehydrated Elder that comes a walkin' by.  How considerate!

No comments:

Post a Comment